Sunday, September 30, 2007

A bad day for the faith

What can I say? I had no gospel tracks prepared for today. And, why not? Because I've been busy getting stuff ready for Halloween.

God hates me.

Yes, a bad day for the faith. And I say "the faith" in a tongue in cheek way, since there is no single faith. I'm one of those liberal believers, remember. It just sounds good as an expression.

Anyway, no gospel tracks--Halloween posts start tomorrow. God help my soul.

AND we have yet another religious bash-athon in progress at Stuffington Post, thanks to Arianna herself, who not too long ago told Keith Olbermann (or maybe it was Joe Scarborough) that she doesn't think religion-bashing happens at her blog. She said it with that "Who, me?" expression that she wears whenever she isn't grimacing.

And she's right. Unless we define religion-bashing to mean taking a candidate's words out of context and setting the progressive dogs on him for uttering the dreaded C word. (Arf! Arf!) John McCain stated that he preferred a Christian president, which--and this is a major news flash to Arianna and half of her blog staff--is what we're going to get. On my side, it's going to come down to Obama or Hillary (both terrific candidates, in my liberal opinion). And they're both (gasp!) of that C word persuasion. (Insert cliches about the end of church/state separation.)

Never mind that McCain qualified his statement (which happened to be a statement of OPINION, which apparently isn't allowed in a free society) by saying he'd vote for the best-qualified person, regardless of his or her faith. Arianna had no use for that part. She's got her Bill O'Reilly act down perfectly.

I posted three comments, two of which were censored. Meanwhile, of course, the same old bigoted anti-C-word drivel has gotten through with no problem.

As fun as my adventures in Huff-Po censorship have been, I'm hardly in need of further evidence that Huff-Po is the left's copy of the worst rightward blogs. We lefties have our versions of Rush and Bill, and Arianna is one of them. I especially love the way she chose Sunday to throw this sound byte to the progressive dogs. Classy.

Bev and I both wonder about progressives. As in, what are they? They don't seem to be very liberal. Here we have a great chance at getting a Democrat into the White House, and progressives are busy labeling Hillary a traitor, a clone of McCain, etc., etc. And they're not sure about Obama on account of he goes to church. In general, they refuse to root for anyone who has a chance of winning. That's progressive? I call that stupid.

But, back to topic, let me share a few quotes from the comment section. These are unusually mild, I should note. Normally, there'd be twenty really rabid statements begging to be cited. But it's Sunday:

"I agree MCain should quickly apologize But these religious (mind poison) tapes are laid down before the age of 5."

"I'm sick of being buried in christian dogma 24-hours a day."

"McPain is no 'Christian.' Like most of the 'Christian' world he happily resorts to violent means to accomplish what he has determined to be 'good.'"

I wish I could be that open-minded. Maybe I should embrace logic and reason. Yeah, that'll do it.

Anyway, this hasn't been a good day for the faith. Maybe next week.



Lee

No comments: